Position: Service Technician
Reports to: Service Manager
Company: Ferrari of Ontario
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Date: January 2023
At R. Ferri Automotive we strive to make every customer a customer for life. Happy employees make happy customers, and we reward individuals who are ready to work hard and stay motivated. Every employee at R. Ferri Automotive is absolutely critical to its success. Our promise is to keep delivering the same award-winning service and value that our community has come to expect over the past 40 years, under 11 premium dealerships, offering the most extensive selection of luxury, sport and quality automobiles in the local area.
The Marckis Group has been engaged by R. Ferri Automotive to assist in the search for a Service Technician for their flagship Ferrari of Ontario dealership in Woodbridge, Ontario.
Ferrari, the iconic Italian sports car maker, tops the list of the 500 most powerful and influential brands in the world.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will diagnose, repair and maintain vehicles in accordance with factory and retailer standards while promoting and attaining manufacturer standards for superior workmanship.
- Perform work as described on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with factory and Company standards
- Diagnose the cause of vehicle malfunctions, and recommend / perform appropriate repairs
- Examine vehicle to identify necessary repair or maintenance items that may not be included on the repair order, and communicate to Service Advisor
- Communicate with the Parts Department to obtain needed parts
- Notify Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined on repair order is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed by the time promised
- Clearly and accurately document all work performed
- Road test vehicles as required, or refer to the inspection technician as appropriate
- Attend and successfully complete factory training as required by factory or Company
- Provide apprentices and colleagues with regular and up to date information on technical modifications and innovations on vehicles
- Provide practical instruction and support for any assigned Apprentice Technician
- Lubricate all moving vehicle parts with specified lubricants
- Operate hand or compressed air powered grease gun to inject grease into units (springs, universal joints and steering knuckles)
- Inspect fluid levels of steering gear, power steering reservoir, transmission, differential, shackles and rear axle housings, drain/replenish when necessary.
- Replace air and oil filters.
- Check and adjust pressure of tires, Rotate, repair and replace tires, when necessary
- Keep abreast of factory technical bulletins.
- Follow warranty material disposition procedures.
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous wastes.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of work areas; be able to account for all Company-owned tools at all times.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Technically knowledgeable, experienced, or trainable on manufacturer’s product line
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic mechanical skills
- Manual dexterity
- Computer literate
- Ontario Technician Licence
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Ability to follow all safety procedures
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to lift moderate weight with assistance
- Good visual acuity to assess work performance
- Meet all requirements of state and federal law dealing with automobile repair and consumer protection
- Positive feedback from advisors and customers (no comebacks)
- Efficiency and timeliness in completing work
- Complete tasks on schedule; accept accountability
- Participatory / Interpersonal. Work effectively with employees and customers
- Speak, read, and write well
- Complete transactions accurately and maintain accurate records
- Accept change; take on special tasks as needed (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs, new technologies)
- Ability to learn. Learn and apply information without excessive resources or time
- Frequently manage deadlines
- Routinely stand during work hours
- Routinely work with loud noise from the shop
- Occasionally lift moderate weight with assistance
- Frequently work outside of regular work schedule
- Occasionally respond to emergency situations
- Occasionally manage stressful situations involving upset or impatient people
- Routinely work in an uncomfortable environment with possible risk of injury
- Work environment necessitates proper personal protective equipment in keeping with health and safety requirements