Position: Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: Segment Manager – North America, Heavy Industries
Company:ITW Performance Polymers
Location:Ontario / Quebec
Date: July 2023
ITW Performance Polymers is a global business that delivers industrial strength adhesives, epoxy & chocking compounds, wear resistant coatings to a wide range of industries. Their vision is to reach their full potential and position as one of the world’s best-performing, highest-quality and most-respected industrial companies.
Currently, they are seeking a dynamic and results oriented Regional Sales Manager for Ontario and Quebec (and associated islands) and have partnered with the Marckis Group to assist in building their team.
The Regional Sales Manager reports to the Segment Manager – North America, Heavy Industries and will drive business growth initiatives that leverage their differentiated solutions and achieve significant financial growth for Performance Polymers within the NA Heavy Industry Segment – primarily supporting their Devcon brand of products.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Complete Develop and implement a robust plan to achieve significant growth within the territory.
- Align and develop distributor networks to promote significant growth in region through identifying opportunities at major accounts and ensuring consistent regular follow up with accountability for results.
- Tactical and operational planning with Segment Manager to determine primary objectives within region.
- Provide technical support to our end users via detailed facility auditing and training that reinforces our value proposition for the customer base.
- Identify market needs, trends, and opportunities within assigned territory.
- Partner with Segment Manager to develop and support new growth opportunities within the mining/Aggregate/Cement processing/Commercial marine/Steel markets.
- Able to effectively prospect new opportunities, identify decision makers and key influencers, tailor value propositions to specific customer needs, and close deals.
- Demonstrate strong Sales excellence: effectively utilizing sales processes and tools in Salesforce (opportunities, call plans, dashboards) to achieve significant growth within the territory.
- Effectively manage time to focus on the ‘80’ and not get distracted with the ‘20’.
- Effectively communicate with others inside and outside of the company in a professional, courteous and confident manner to promote customer service orientation and forward business needs.
- Identify and resolve customer pain points and offer solutions.
- Perform market/channel projects as required by the overall business strategy.
- Develop a high competency in the understanding and utilization of the ITW Toolbox concepts, most notably the 80/20 Front to Back strategy.
- Promote, support and adhere to all safety and quality related policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Minimum 3- 5 year’s sales experience selling into Mining/Aggregate or Industrial Markets
- Fluent in French & English, speaking and writing.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and engage with target accounts, overcoming roadblocks along the way, to achieve higher than market rate growth and new customer penetration.
- Technical aptitude is a must.
- Strong acumen and experience with Value Prop / Value Selling, Sales Processes and CRM specifically Sales Force.
- Epoxy based wear prevention/protection experienced strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required.
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License and the ability to travel 50% or more.
- Ability to sit and stand for up to 8 hours/day.
- Ideal candidate resides in Northern Ontario or Quebec.
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering or Business) Degree or equivalent experience.
- Mine Engineering Degree CET/MET.
- 5+ years Industrial Sales Experience.
- Experience in the Mineral Processing/Mine Services industry/ industrial protective coatings/ mine services/mechanical conveying equipment or services ideally.