Position: Specialist, Product Management
Reports to: Senior Director, Product Management & Public Relations
Company: Subaru Canada, Inc.
Location: Mississauga, ON
Date: March 2021
Our client, Subaru Canada Inc. is seeking a Specialist, Product Management that will leverage their automotive expertise and analytical skills to support Product Management’s product information and competitive intelligence initiatives.
The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the product information and specification database, as well as the development, review and communication of product guides and other product-related materials. In addition, the Specialist will support future product planning initiatives with comprehensive competitive intelligence gathering and critical analysis in the areas of advanced automotive technologies (electrification, connectivity, autonomy, etc.) and product competitive positioning. This role will organize the company’s new vehicle launch committee. The Specialist will be passionate about the automotive industry and have a strong aptitude for technical vehicle information. They will possess proven organizational, technical writing and communication skills, will demonstrate advanced analytical and critical thinking skills and will have meticulous attention to detail.
The CSO is responsible for managing and implementing customer service policies and ensuring that all staff strictly adhere to reach the highest customer satisfaction within our dealer network in Canada. Duties will include identifying business opportunities to improve customers’ experience, monitoring the performance of the customer service team, developing strategic procedures on service delivery, creating new promotional offers and services, and coaching the team to increase business productivity. The CSO must have excellent leadership and communication skills, as well as extensive knowledge of a customer service organization within the automotive industry with the ultimate goal of boosting sales through a growing base of loyal, passionate customers.
Required Skills / Attributes
• Deep understanding of the Canadian automotive market and the competitive landscape.
• Excellent research, critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication, technical writing, and reporting skills.
• Exceptional levels of attention to detail with a focus on the scrutiny of data.
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
• Strong interest in technical product specifications and automotive data.
• Self-motivated, demonstrating initiative and the ability to work with limited supervision.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities/responsibilities.
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
• Professionalism and maintains strict confidentiality.
• 5+ years of automobile industry experience at the product, retail and/or wholesale levels.
• University Degree (Business, Communications or Automotive related).
• Experience in technical writing, editing and publishing an asset.
• Experience in research, data modelling and reporting an asset.
• Technical experience in database development and management an asset.
• Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office software required (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
• Advanced proficiency with publishing software an asset (Adobe, Publisher, etc.).
• Advanced proficiency with market research and analytical tools an asset (Mtab, JD Power PIN, IHS Markit Catalyst, AutoPlanner, Excel Macros, etc.).
• Bilingualism (English/French or English/Japanese) an asset.
• Valid driver’s license (with ability to operate a manual transmission car a significant asset)
• Occasional travel and overtime.
• Sedentary office work – extended use of a computer.
If this opportunity seems that it might be of interest to you, please submit an updated resume along with salary expectations to the email address below.
Reply in confidence to:
Gary Filippini MBA, CPA
Senior Managing Partner
in addition, place the position for
which you are applying
in the subject line of the email.
When applying, please include:
THE MARCKIS GROUP
2600 Skymark Ave.
Bldg. 5, Suite 103