Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Warranty Support Contractor
Reports to: Director of Aftersales
Company: Porsche Cars of Canada Limited
Location: Toronto, ON (DVP & Hwy 401)
Status: Continuous Contract
Date Posted: October 2017
Ensure compliance of Porsche Warranty Policies and Procedures and assist on proper claim administration. Support implementation of dealer facing warranty system. All tasks are to be conducted in close cooperation with the existing Warranty Specialist at PCL.
- Evaluate dealer claims for warranty/goodwill reimbursement; assist and train dealer body and Porsche Cars Canada Field Service personnel in claim submission questions and in warranty policy decisions; liaison with dealer personnel in regard to inquiry status and payment of warranty/goodwill claims; coordination of warranty claims between Porsche Cars Canada/Porsche AG/dealer and paperwork flow within respective dealer group assignments. Recommend corrective action where needed within policy guidelines and direction from Director of After Sales.
- Review warranty/goodwill claims and appeals for additional payments, make payment determination; evaluate component test findings and supporting documentation; make adjustments to dealer claims based on warranty policy interpretation and parts test results for warranty programs.
- Review and process dealer requests for short warranty/goodwill claim payment, which require research and review of prior submitted claims to ascertain if subsequent claims adjustments are warranted.
- Provide warranty/goodwill authorization according to the warranty/goodwill policy and procedures as well as customer retention programs, while working with the technical department.
- Track warranty payment expenditures and receivables as well as barcode debits/credits, supported by Parts Support Specialist, to ensure timely return and clearance.
- Support and involve PCL Field personnel and dealers on claim entry and warranty/goodwill policy matters for clarification and decision making purposes.
- Prepare and support implementation of new dealer facing online warranty system, incl. current system analysis and fit gap analysis.
- Create study materials and perform in-class, in-dealer and Webex warranty training seminars to dealers, field personnel and warranty auditors on warranty policy and procedures and compliance review process.
- Perform warranty statistical and expense control analysis for department as required.
- Review warranty labor rate change requests by dealerships together with Regional Sales Manager for approval by Director of After Sales.
- Support rollout and administer PAG, PCNA and PCL implemented warranty based online systems, software and projects to the dealer network.
- Additional duties as assigned by Director of After Sales.
- College degree in Business, Management or Engineering
- 3-4 years’ experience in the specialty area or 6-8 years’ experience in lieu of a degree with 50% consisting of retail and wholesale service management or service auditing experience
- Extensive in-dealership experience with emphasis on business and service department administration
- Experience in warranty processing, claims adjusting, investigation, and warranty policy interpretation
- Automotive technical knowledge and dealer service experience a must (Porsche preferable)
Skills & Competencies:
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Professional appearance and conduct
- Knowledge of database, spreadsheet, business graphics, and word processing programs on both PC and corporate systems
- Excellent English and French written and verbal skills
- List all competencies applicable for this position. (To be provided by hiring manager for each position and approved by Human Resources.)