Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Specialist, Technical Training (Eastern Region)
Reports to:Manager, Technical Training
Company: Subaru Canada Inc.
Location: Montreal, QC
Date Posted: September 2017
The Specialist, Technical Training supports the organization’s objectives in developing the skills and knowledge of Subaru dealership technicians with the objective of improving technical service quality, customer retention and brand loyalty. This is accomplished by working with the Manager, Technical Training to produce and deliver training within the Subaru organization.
The incumbent will report to the Manager, Technical Training and will be based out of Subaru Canada’s Montreal office.
- Conduct Training sessions for Quebec and Maritime Dealers in Montreal and in Halifax. Provide training in other regions (i.e. Western and Central regions), as requested.
- Work closely with the Manager, Technical Training to research and develop technical course material and content for use by Subaru technicians by working with the Training Development plan.
- Manage and maintain the Montreal office technical training environment (shop, classroom, storage areas) and all related assets and facets.
- Attend Train the Trainer sessions and events as required. Training may be in Canada, USA or Japan.
- Successfully complete and maintain all Subaru training certification as required by parent company, Subaru Corporation (SBR).
- Support various aspects of Subaru Canada’s Technical Training Learning Management System (LMS) in consultation with our LMS vendor and the Manager, Technical Training.
- Adapt all Technical Training Courses to meet the learning needs of the audience:
- Service Advisor & Service Manager
- Parts Manager and Counter Person
- Sales Staff
- Stay up to date with all On-Line Technical Training Courses.
- Give feedback to the Technical Training Manager with regard to On-Line Courses.
- Lead the ‘special tool program’ and ‘laptop program’ in consultation with outside vendors and suppliers such as Bosch, DES, and Subaru of America to ensure dealers have all the required special tools to properly service and maintain the Subaru Product.
- Provide Technical assistance or advice to other departments as needed.
- Design and integrate faults into vehicles used for our Master Tech Competition every two years.
- Fully Licensed Technician.
- Fluently bi-lingual in English & French
- Proven automotive mechanical experience with a strong preference given to someone with direct experience working on Subaru vehicles (or other Japanese vehicles).
- Strong computer skills with intermediate skills in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Relevant teaching experience in a technical environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Professionalism & integrity.
- Superior technical expertise.
- Excellent presentation & communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.