Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Specialist, Technical Helpline
Manager, Technical Helpline
Subaru Canada Inc
About Subaru Canada:
Subaru Canada, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Subaru Corporation of Japan. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, the company markets and distributes Subaru vehicles, parts and accessories through a network of 93 authorized dealers across Canada.
The Specialist, Technical Helpline will provide technical expertise to our network of dealership technicians and will also act a resource for internal departments. The Specialist contributes significantly to the ongoing After Sales goals of service excellence to promote customer retention and brand loyalty.
The incumbent will report to the Manager, Technical Helpline and will be based out of Subaru Canada’s Head Office in Mississauga, ON.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
Qualifications / Required Skills:
- Assists Dealer Service Manager and Technicians in resolving difficult technical issues on Subaru Vehicles that dealer technicians are unable to diagnose or repair.
- Instructs dealer technicians in proper diagnostic and repair procedures by phone or e-mail and documents and inputs details of each inquiry into a reference database along with the action steps to repair vehicle.
- Attends training courses to keep up to date on all new technical developments.
- Provide support to Warranty, Parts, Customer Experience and Q.A. Departments as required.
- Provide month-end report of dealer file closing to Management.
- Assist with the annual Master Technician Competition.
- Assist with Retrofits and willing to perform other “projects” as required.
- Assists the After-Sales Department with tasks which need to be managed through the Helpline Dept. (e.g. Part restrictions, Recalls, etc.).
- Provincial Licensed Automotive Technician
- OSSD (Grade 12 minimum) – post secondary education preferred.
- Demonstrated “bench” experience at Japanese/Import auto dealership (preferred).
- Subaru knowledge and experience an asset, but not essential.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License.
- Strong Electronic/Electrical diagnosis skills.
- Exceptional skills in technical product problem resolutions.
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal & written).
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft applications including PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual (French / English) preferred.
- Extended periods of computer and phone use.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Bending, lifting and walking.
- Extended time sitting.
- Able to travel, as required (infrequent).