Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Service Advisor
Reports to: Service Manager
Company: Burlington Hyundai
Location: Burlington, On.
Date: June 2019
Purpose and Summary of Position:
The Service Advisor role is critical to Service Department success and profitability. The primary function of Service Advisors is to ensure a consistently favorable customer experience that contributes to customer retention and loyalty. The Service Advisor role is pivotal in all Service Department interactions and maintaining primary communication between customers and the Service Department. Service Advisors ensure all service repairs and maintenance are completed to match customer expectations, vehicle requirements and Hyundai specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet arriving customers within 60 seconds of arrival.
- Proceed with a proper work order write up, confirming customer personal information, inputting customer vehicle data, obtain customer signature on work order.
- With the customer in attendance complete a full walk around of the customers vehicle.
- To distribute work orders fairly amongst the technical staff and issue clear repair instructions.
- Follow up with customers to inform them of the progress on their vehicle and provide an estimate of labour and parts in order to sell work needed as recommended by the technical staff.
- Promote the sales of Labour, Parts and Accessories in accordance with management sales targets and C.S.I. Standards.
- Follow up with customers upon completion of work and arrange payment and pick up of their vehicle.
- Prior to customer pick up confirm vehicle has been cleaned. (washed or vacuumed when weather does not permit a wash).
- Keeping accurate records within the operating system on Burlington Hyundai customer base, following our privacy policies and procedures, including the maintenance guide and template tracking system.
- On pick up of vehicle explain the Hyundai Canada Survey to the customer and discuss the follow up call they will receive.
- Be punctual for work hours.
- Maintain follow up program on additional items found in need of repair. Also follow up on no shows and re-schedule.
- Participate in training programs provided in-house and by Hyundai.
- Maintain positive customer relations.
- Ensure knowledge and compliance with WHIMIS.
- Communicate with and support other departments of the dealership.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Take ownership of and resolve problems as required.
- Complete assigned tasks on time.
Hours of Work:
- Burlington Hyundai’s general hours of business are between Monday to Saturday and It is expected that you will work a minimum of 40 hours per week during general business hours
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- High School Diploma minimum, preferred Post-Secondary education
- Minimum 2 years of experience in service departments or related work environments
- Knowledge of vehicle operations and repairs
- Competency requirements include: Customer Service, Listening, Problem Solving, Initiative, Teamwork, Selling, Managing Multiple Priorities
- Service Manager
- Appointment Coordinator, Cashier (as applicable)
- Parts Department – all roles
- Sales Department – all roles
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Work environment includes intermittent exhaust fumes, noise from shop tools and vapors from various shop supplies