Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Sales Manager
Reports to: Managing Partner
Company: Chrysler Dodge Dealership
Location: Southwestern, Ontario
Career Type: Permanent
Date: August 2019
It is the responsibility of the Sales Manager to Plan, Organize, Co-ordinate and Measure the Vehicle Sales Department activities. The objective is to sell enough vehicles to obtain projected gross profit, satisfactory share of sales in his area of responsibility.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Managing Partner in developing a strategic vision, to provide direction, and to keep abreast of the competitive environment.
- Establish long- and short-term goals for the Vehicle Sales Department. These include sales, margins, and gross turnover objectives, manpower requirements, and inventory requirements.
- Review and control expenses of the Vehicle Sales Department (passenger & light truck).
- Initiate and oversee Vehicle marketing activities.
- Analyze advertising in newspapers or other publications, in order to find possible vehicles to purchase.
- Closely follow customer tastes, lost sales, the inventory history of sales and local market trends, to choose which cars to stock and ensure that purchasing is balanced.
- Establish methods and procedures to accomplish planned objectives including prospecting systems, showroom presentations, demonstrations, and closing and delivery.
- Assist in the implementation of compensation and incentive plans for salespersons.
- Scheduling of employees to cover the sales floor and vacations.
- Organize and develop salesperson incentives, advertising, promotional programs and schedules.
- Set and ensure targets to all sales personnel through coaching, mentoring and communicating sales process methods and procedures.
- Review the level and quality of the vehicle inventory, plus develop and manage the wholesale activities.
Education & Qualifications:
- Education, training and/or provincial certifications should clearly demonstrate the possession of the knowledge and skills stated above.
- Familiar with the processes for the Vehicle Department (e.g. ordering, wholesaling, sales process, customer oversight and handling).
- Knowledge of the ordering, inventory control, and systems for Vehicle purchasing.
- Minimum of High School degree or equivalent.
- Two years of college with a strong emphasis on business skills preferred.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Five years in an automotive vehicle sales environment required (8 or more years preferred).
- Three years of supervisory experience.