Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Regional Maintenance Manager
Area Maintenance Director
National Express/Stock Transportation
Greater Toronto Area
Responsible for the oversight of Customer Service Centers within specific area to provide safe,effective and efficient management of all maintenance functions. The position will ensure Operations has a full complement of roadworthy vehicles in line with the service level
agreements set forth and in accordance with the outlined financial and operational objectives of the Customer Service Centres.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Direct and control the company’s vehicle and premises/plant maintenance activities within assigned area while ensuring compliance with all state/provincial, federal, contractual and policy requirements.
- Accountable for asset availability and appropriate repair decisions to maximize asset uptime. Regular communication across all business segments to prioritize workflow and maximize equipment availability as operational dynamics fluctuate.
- Accountable for asset management within assigned area.
- Provide guidance and direction to Area Maintenance Manager(s) to achieve/exceed performance goals.
- Provide direct oversight of individual locations as required.
- Directly support, mentor and interact with CSC Maintenance Supervisors or Lead Technicians to achieve/exceed performance goals.
- Continually monitor performance and make appropriate alterations as required utilizing all available resources to meet/exceed performance goals.
- Continually review the maintenance strategy ensuring commercial viability and effective service delivery.
- Assist in development and implementation of maintenance quality initiatives and influence Operations understanding, support and achievement of goals.
- Participate in reviews/audits as required to verify compliance with all safety/maintenance Policies and Procedures.
- Assist with development of performance goals for the shop as a whole and for individuals. Create and execute action plans associated with those goals.
- Participate in screening, interviewing and selection of the most qualified candidates during the hiring process. Work with HR Recruiters, Operations as well as attend Tech Schools and career fairs to ensure company is presented as an employer of choice.
- Develop associates’ skills by ensuring participation in vendor and company led training.
- Share knowledge and embed best practices, company compliance procedures and
- Cultivate and maintain productive supplier relationships. This includes managing volume and quality of sublet repairs, performing follow up when needed, and managing the costs associated with sublet work.
- Ensure locations are properly equipped with tooling to perform necessary repairs.
- Actively provide good employee relations ensuring effective communication and encouraging participation.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental legislation.
- Achieve compliance with agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Assist with special projects/assignments as required.
- Provide effective Leadership and input to company direction.
Skills & Abilities:
- Recognized managerial qualifications and at least 5 years management experience.
- Strong communicator / motivator.
- Strong leadership skills / experience.
- Previous budgeting experience.
- Innovative and solid problem solving skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Organized with the ability to multi-task
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience preferred
- College Business degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant transportation experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to create an environment which encourages and values input and feedback from the maintenance workforce.
- Proven ability to manage multi-level relationships and liaise effectively with Operations and Corporate Management along with strong problem solving ability to provide solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a range of activities associated with a large workforce which ensures efficient and effective service levels are consistently maintained. Operating within a union environment is optimal.
- Ability to critically analyze a diversity of labor management/disciplinary issues and work collaboratively with Operations and labor relations specialists to develop strategies/solutions to satisfactorily resolve concerns.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Excel, Word software. Oracle familiarization a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 70% regularly