Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Product Manager, Lubricants & Non-Application Products
Reports to: Vice-President, Product Management
Company: Altrom Auto Group (AAG)
Location: Vancouver, BC
Date: January 2020
A Product Manager is a key position in our organization. Product Managers are responsible for planning in a fast-paced, multi-faceted operation that will ensure that all AAG stakeholders receive excellent customer service and support. Product Managers are accountable for New Parts research, creation and implementation; Inventory size and turns; Sales growth within the automobile line(s) they represent; Gross margins management within the lines(s) they represent. These are the four “pillars” of the Products Manager function. This position demands strong communications, research and interpersonal skills, strong business acumen and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Product Manager, Lubricants & Non-Application Products, is specifically tasked with managing this unique non-applicated automotive part category.
- Delivering a high-level quality and expertise to the function of researching, creating and completion of introducing new parts for the AAG system(s).
- Understand the supply chain and pricing structures of the vendors that AAG purchase product from. In addition, research the pricing and supply chain abilities and details of the alternate suppliers that are available to AAG.
- Keep on-going Vendor price changes up to date in our Corporate ERP system.
- Perform due diligence and research on sales of parts & products in the marketplace
- Monitor and adjust reorder points continuously according to demand development.
- Manage obsolete parts through liquidation or vendor returns.
- Drive sales growth in AAG through education, communications with branches and sales personnel, training, marketing and monthly specials and identifying sales opportunities when monitoring the marketplace.
- Take a leading role in the pricing of the AAG parts & products to ensure the selling prices and gross margins are in line with company policies and strategies. This will include monitoring vendor price increases and adjusting prices where practical to ensure margins remain above targets and strategy in their product lines.
- Monitor competitive pricing and act accordingly.
- Seek out and receive input on new part addition, pricing issues, supply issues and inventory issue from branches, sales personnel, and customers and purchasing to ensure that AAG is competitive and has the correct products to compete in the marketplace.
- Field questions and provides answers to field personnel, Head Office personnel, customers and suppliers regarding supply, sourcing and pricing of parts in their product line.
- Organizing and conducting a bi-annual review of inventory in their product line to eliminate and/or reduce redundancy and obsolete and slow-moving parts to ensure turns are continuing to be in line with company objectives.
- Take part and often lead in meetings and discussion with vendors regarding supply chain issues, quality and pricing on a regular basis.
- Provide input where required to day-to-day operational problems and issues.
- Working hours to get the job done including evenings and weekends, if required.
- Demonstrating a positive, helpful, professional attitude/conduct at all times.
- Adhering to policies & procedures.
- Treat all co-workers and customers with dignity and respect at all times.
- Experience with automotive aftermarket parts industry and a good base of knowledge of automotive operating systems, with particular experience within the automotive lubricant industry.
- Well above average automotive technical skills combined with an above average computer software knowledge and ability.
- Excellent verbal, written and effective listening skills.
- Possess high character and always fair with employees, customers and suppliers
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish overall organizational success.
- Experience delivering a high level of customer service.
- Experience working under pressure with people in a fast-paced environment.
- University degree or equivalent a plus.
- Ability to pass a criminal background and credit check.