Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Procurement Manager
Reports to: Director, Finance
Company: Porsche Cars Canada Limited
Location: Toronto, ON
Date Posted: September 2017
Extend the success of Porsche by leveraging spend where appropriate, minimizing total cost of ownership, managing risk, and providing a valuable service to Porsche’s internal customers.
- Develop request for proposal (RFP) and quote (RFQ) documents in conjunction with PCL and PCNT business department requirements for obtaining “indirect” goods and services.
- Analyze and evaluate vendor quotes and proposals to determine the most desirable suppliers. Critical evaluations are performed to analyze price, quality, experience, and capabilities of each supplier.
- Facilitate interdepartmental relationships to achieve both corporate and Procurement objectives
- Work directly with all PCL and PCNT business departments to gain an in-depth understanding of their core business in order to help identify and solve complex problems.
- Facilitate the overall project management of strategic supplier reviews up to and including vendor implementation. Given equal qualifications in the decision, price is always a factor.
- Pre-negotiate and incorporate terms, conditions, key performance indicators, and service level metrics into vendor contracts.
- Work directly with internal business departments to run major RFP/RFQ projects, process agreements, and assure certain metrics are present in supplier agreements.
- Prepare vendor recommendations for decision-making; including Management meeting recommendations and Global Procurement approval documentation.
- Create purchase orders using the SAP workflow process and departmental policies and procedures. Maintain the workflow process training and coordination with all departments that are supported.
- Monitor and support Procurement document workflow in Zycus system and continually recommend and support introduction of system improvements.
- Evaluate vendor performance in relation to established service level objectives.
- Manage all vendor files, NDA agreements, and required accounting forms for new suppliers.
- Liaise with vendors and keep current with market pricing and offerings.
- Assess, develop, and implement procurement strategies for a multitude of products and services.
- Create, maintain and train PCL employees on a PCL-specific Procurement Policy & Procedures Manual.
- Obtain prior approvals throughout the areas of Finance, Accounting, Management and supporting departments while enforcing appropriate internal controls.
- Responsible for the proper usage of, awareness of, and compliance with Information Technology security policies at Porsche.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with PCNA Procurement to ensure local implementation of new policies, procedures and tools as well as coordination of regional contracts and strategies.
- Ensure proper retention of contracts, electronic documents, business confidential information, and actively demonstrate an understanding of the need to safeguard competitive information in both electronic and non-electronic formats
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent background in a related field of study
- 5+ years of total experience in procurement/purchasing/buyer areas
- 5+ years automotive manufacturer or industry related experience preferred
- Experience with SAP and/or Zycus systems a significant advantage
- Automotive Retail Procurement experience an advantage
- Comprehensive knowledge of business principles, strategies and practices
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels both inside and outside the organization, up to and including Executive Management.
- Ability to manage and lead meetings, presentations, and complex time lines.
- Strong PC literacy to include MS Office software
- Ability to gain working knowledge from a broad base of products and services throughout the entire organization
- Demonstrated experience working on cross-functional projects and work teams
- Ability to read and interpret contract terms and conditions
- Flexible and able to adapt to immediate business area needs and timelines
- Fluent English Communication (Oral and Written) a requirement; in addition, French language skills would be an advantage
- Relationship Management
- Consultative Selling Skills
- Exceptional time management
- Strong attention to detail