Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: New Vehicle Sales Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Company: Burlington Hyundai
Location: Burlington, ON
Date: November 2018
Burlington Hyundai is a well-established non-dealer group (single owner) dealership with consistent yearly volumes (new/used) just under 1,000 units. The dealership is looking to advance volumes 25% with new sales management leadership while maintaining strong CSI.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the sales representatives to successfully close both new and used vehicle deals, maximizing gross profit and achieving volume and gross sales targets.
- Provide on-going assistance and coaching to on-shift sales representatives.
- Maintain an up to date follow up system for assigned sales representatives: Assist in setting appointments with customers, maximize CRM tools (i.e. Ackroo, Auto Alert).
- Follow up with unsold traffic daily.
- Ensure lot and showroom vehicles displays are maintained in a clean attractive manner: Rotate displays frequently and accessorize display cars to maximize accessory sales.
- Assist sales representatives with proper paper flow relating to vehicle sales: Sales logs, trade information.
- Maintain and monitor traffic summaries weekly.
- Generate reports as required in a timely manner.
- Develop and implement regular sales training product knowledge seminars to enhance the overall professionalism and performance of the new car and used car sales staff.
- Supervision and documentation of assigned subordinate personnel: Responsible for annual developmental assessments and periodic review of job descriptions.
- Maintain current KPI and CEP standards as set by senior management.
- Adopt and demonstrate a management style which emphasizes the concepts of team approach, coaching of subordinates for optimum performance and open, two-way communication
- Complete assigned tasks on time.
- Adopt and demonstrate effective time management.
- Ensure sales department and lot is maintained in a clean orderly manner.
- Communicate with and support the F&I and Used Vehicle department and other departments in the dealership.
- Keep switchboard appraised of whereabouts at all times.
- Ensure proper dress and deportment of staff.
- Attend and conduct meetings as required.
- Take ownership of and successfully resolve problems as required.
- Goal- setting with sales staff monthly.
- Assist with emergent and unforeseen tasks as required.
- Assume shared managerial duties in the absence of the General Sales Manager and in co-operation with all other departments.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, Competencies):
- Competencies include: team leadership, organization, enthusiastic, problem solving, professional
- General Manager
- F& I Manager
- Sales Consultants
- Valid driver’s license
- OMVIC Certified