Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Manager, Field Quality (Eastern Region)
Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance
Company: Subaru Canada Inc.
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Date: August 2018
The focus of this position is to improve customer satisfaction by reducing “down time” and improving “fixed right the first time” in the eyes of the customer as well as improving the brand’s reliability and durability. The Manager, Field Quality will proactively monitor, investigate and report product quality as well as the effectiveness of product improvements. The incumbent will assist dealers with difficult diagnosis and repairs and report Quality Assurance issues within their region to the Manager, Quality Assurance. The incumbent will be based out of Subaru Canada’s Quebec office located in St. Laurent.
- Monitor, investigate and report product quality as well as the effectiveness of product improvements through QMRs, Techline files and concerns found in the field.
- Assist Helpline with Technical Issues the dealer is unable to resolve and engage with the Dealer as required
- Plan and conduct regular dealer visits to:
- Perform warranty part inspections including “Ten Bin”
- Discuss field and product concerns with Dealer Service, Parts and Sales Departments.
- Evaluate Special Tool inventory, accessibility and usage.
- Ensure proper Technician understanding of Subaru Canada, Inc.’s (SCI) Special tools including the Select Monitor.
- Coach Dealers on proper QMR submission.
- Investigate Warranty Flat Rate Time Dealer concerns.
- Report findings to the District After Sales Manager (DASM), Techline, Warranty or Manager, Quality Assurance as necessary.
- Report confirmed product quality concerns through Subaru Corporation’s (SBR) Technical Reporting System and to the Manager, Quality Assurance and Techline.
- Attend training offered by North America Subaru Incorporated (NASI), Subaru of America and Subaru Corporation QA, as required.
- Lead root cause field investigations, either independently or with parent company, Subaru Corporation (SBR) , Subaru of America (SOA), Subaru Indiana Plant (SIA) and Subaru Canada, Inc. (SCI) personnel, as required
- Responsible as the SCI Tech Group representative, for Quick Response Activity (QRA) and other Quality issues investigations in conjunction with North America Subaru Incorporated (NASI), Subaru Indiana Automotive (SIA) and Subaru Corporation (SBR).
- Provide Technical Support at Subaru Canada, Inc. at CAMVAP and legal hearings as required.
- Investigate, as initiated by the District After Sales Manager (DASM) and Tech Line, “Buy Back” vehicles and report findings to the appropriate Management member.
- Meet as required by the DASM and/or dealer, with customers at the dealership to road test vehicles with challenging concerns and report findings to DASM/Techline.
- Provide feedback to SCI Service and Parts management on any opportunities for improvement in the dealership Service and Parts operations regarding but not limited to Procedures, Special Tools and Warranty Cost reduction.
- Assist with annual Master Technician Competition as required
- Complete all on-line technical training courses offered by Subaru Corporation and Subaru Canada, Inc. as well as all SCI hands-on training and provide feedback to the Technical Training Manager.
- Assist in promotional events to present, promote and share the Subaru driving experience, including service clinics, ride and drives, car shows, and other activities on behalf of SCI for our dealerships.
- Other related duties of a general or unspecified nature including those related to start-up or termination of dealerships, training initiatives, audits, etc. as may be required to achieve the overall objectives of the Region, the After Sales Department or the Company.
- Certified Technician with OEM corporate experience.
- Engineering degree or post-secondary education preferred.
- Superior automotive diagnostics skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate and resolve owner concerns consistent with corporate policies & procedures.
- Strong PC skills (Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Highly technical.
- Professionalism & integrity.
- Consultative, analytical & detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Multitasking & prioritizing.
- Frequent travel primarily within Quebec but occasionally to other provinces and internationally.
- Flexible work schedule – occasional evenings and weekends.
- Light lifting, bending and twisting.