by: Sharon LeBlanc
Consultant: Training and Research
Hiring Great People – It’s difficult finding that perfect employee, but here are some fundamental questions designed to help you make the right choice:
1. Why did you apply for this position?
2. What do you consider to be your greatest strengths and weaknesses?
3. Give five adjectives that would best describe your personality.
4. How will you be remembered when you leave your current position?
5. What do you hope to accomplish in the next five years?
6. How are you preparing yourself to achieve your goals?
7. In what ways do you think you can make a contribution to our company?
8. What professional accomplishments have given you the most satisfaction?
9. How would you describe yourself as a team player?
10. How have you developed your leadership skills?
11. Tell me what you know about our company.
12. What is more important to you..being on time or being accurate?
13. What have you learned from your mistakes?