Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Field Training Manager
Reports to: Director, Network Development
Company: Porsche Cars Canada Limited
Date Posted: December 2017
- Provide non-technical training and consultation at dealerships and other venues. Training topics to include new model launch support, vehicle technology, reinforcement of Brand values, utilization of Porsche systems, CSI initiatives, and sales funnel management.
- Work with PCL training department members, PAG and PCNA colleagues to assist in determining training curriculum and development of content for both web-based and Instructor-led training.
- Observe dealership processes and consult with Dealership management and staff to understand current and future training needs and provide recommendations to PCL Training department.
- Assist dealership management with the development and execution of dealership training plans
- Monitor all technical and nontechnical certification KPIs for all dealerships within the Region and provide counsel to dealership management in support of achieving stated targets
- Facilitate centrally delivered classroom-based training sessions as needed for Porsche Academy, including Introduction to Porsche and PGCS (Porsche Global Certification System.
- Deliver internal PCL employee training as required.
- Ensure training activities are in alignment with PCL National and Regional targets and priorities.
- Successful incumbent will have a wide ranging background in instructional design and training strategy development.
- Familiarity with learning management systems
- Experience with the “Build or Buy” analysis for training programs is also required.
- French and/or German language capability a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent background in a related field of study
- 5 or more years of experience in automotive training in a corporate environment. Retail Automotive experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with most common Learning Management Systems and Adult Leaning theory; broad knowledge of current and emerging trends in training.
- Collaborative, team building skills. Ability to lead and direct team projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (a facilitation demonstration will be required)
- Ability to observe and assess content and delivery of curriculum against established standards.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with personnel from all levels of the organization.
- Highly computer literate.
- Self-motivated and able to work with strict deadlines.
- Enthusiasm for automobiles and the automotive industry a major plus.
- Extensive travel will be required.
- Some knowledge of German language preferable.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Exceptional collaboration and persuasion skills
- Strong initiative and motivation