Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Divisional Vice President – Call Centres
Chief Executive Officer
Customer Engagement Services
Scarborough, Ontario with satellite Centre in Nevada
Position & Company Summary:
Reporting directly to the CEO of a public company, the VP will be responsible for all aspects of the Call Centre division. The division is profitability with revenues of approximately $10 million. Serving both inbound and outbound calls, the VP will be responsible for profitable growth of the call Centre business and strengthening relations with over 20 clients in the United States and Canada. Using i3 technology, the Scarborough facility has over 200 seats in 13,000 sq. ft. and Nevada currently houses an additional 150 agents in 12,000 sq.
Clients include financial services, retailers and restaurants and government contracts. The division is part of a consumer finance business which has $170 million of outstanding receivables. The parent provides accounting, administration and technology support to the call Centre division.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accountable for sales, quality, retention, customer satisfaction and profitability.
- Grow revenues and profits by securing additional customers.
- Accountable for ensuring that key contractual performance targets with clients are met and performance penalties are minimized.
- Build long-term and deep working relationships with all contact Centre clients.
- Lead regular business reviews with each client to discuss and review past performance and innovate new ideas for performance enhancements.
- Leadership in contract negotiations for new or existing call Centre clients.
- Proactively manage the staffing and cost structure of both sites to maximize profitability.
- Develop internal and external programs, materials, or tools to improve performance.
- Attend Management Meetings of the consumer finance company to report on your progress, success and challenges and action plans.
- Provide regular updates to the CEO on performance trends and activities occurring to continuously improve.
- Identify and implement improvements to process and customer experience as well as implementing industry best practices.
- Lead regular client meetings assess needs, gain feedback, and provide additional information as necessary.
- Work closely with the all internal departments of the Company to add insight into operational reports and data.
- Participate in regular visits to Reno including local management discussions and conduct agent side-by-side call monitoring.
- Contribute to the annual and ongoing budget process to ensure a well thought out plan is able to be executed to deliver expected results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & General Skills:
- Deep sales and client management experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Call Centre management.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Working knowledge of call centre technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent.
- Ability to see past day to day activities and look for innovative ideas to continuously improve.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment – Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Commitment to internal client and customer service principles.
- Driven and self-starter.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to project professionalism image over the phone and in person.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have legal right to enter the U.S. for business.
- Thorough knowledge of call Centre technologies (i3) and MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)