Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Position: Director of Sales
Reports to: Executive Vice President
Company: Epsilon Marketing Services
Date Posted: October 2017
Represents Epsilon as a senior leader of the organization. Directs and oversees the organization’s sales policies, and management across all of Canada. Develops sales plans and strategies to fulfill growth and revenue targets, as communicated by the Vice President and /or top tier Executive Management.
- Manages a region specific team of Dealer Marketing consultants, Field Sales Respresentatives to succeed in support of additional, incremental sales growth of the company(s), including performance evaluations and counseling, career development, training and coaching.
- Develops business practices and models for the above field team to effectively support, maintain and grow the organization’s existing client/customer base.
- Builds and maintains a highly skilled and disciplined field sales and support team that is accountable for capturing new business, increasing product penetration into existing accounts and maintaining the account base.
- Actively participates in strategic planning for the organization with respect to sales initiatives, requirements and account maintenance/retention.
- Develops sales strategies, techniques and tactics based upon feedback from clients, field staff, market conditions, and competitive environment.
- Develops annual sales plans. Provides ongoing updates of sales estimates and forecasting estimates for assigned region.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and written.
- Develops and provides tools to track and monitor performance and provide feedback to Dealer Marketing Consultants.
- Issues Objectives and regularly provides tracking to Dealer Marketing Consultants.
- Focuses on winning new business while concurrently managing sales force goals, objectives and account retention in alignment with corporate directives.
- Occasionally works directly with field sales/support staff and dealer personnel to maximize all product opportunities.
- Meets and exceeds goals while maintaining focus on attaining desired results.
- Consults will all other departments, appropriate personnel as necessary to gain information and insight to achieve results that are aligned with corporate and operational objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required to support corporate objectives.
- Acts and performs in the best interest of the company by applying stated corporate values and priorities to all communications, decisions and actions.
- Completed undergraduate degree in marketing, commerce or business administration or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years’ in sales management; has built, led and coached a high performing sales team
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience selling CRM/MarComm products – existing client base an asset.
- Previous experience working within the automotive industry.
- Demonstrated success in supporting a strategic direction and executing a supporting plan.
- Strong record of success in meeting and exceeding personal and team sales goals.
- History of building strong, collaborative relationships across departments and leadership levels.
- Knowledge of and experience with the latest trends in digital marketing, from advertising or media, or, from a technology solutions-selling environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the proven ability to create, organize and produce professional sales presentations and quotes
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Ability to develop and share innovative approaches and best practices
- Proven analytical skills with systematic problem solving
- Demonstrated effective project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills
- Positive attitude, energetic, passionate and driven to succeed
- Internet savvy and fluent in MS-Office