Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Reports to: Dealer Principal
Company: Large Import Dealership Group
Location: North Toronto
Date Posted: July 2017
- Reporting to the Dealer Principal, the Controller will direct the dealership’s financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with financial entities.
- You will also provide the Dealer Principal with accurate financial condition reports of all the dealership on a regular basis.
- You will provide sales and expense analyses summarizing potential problem areas and opportunities for improved profitability relative to monthly and annual forecasts.
- You will oversee and direct treasury, budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, and insurance activities for the dealerships.
- The Controller will prepare complete monthly financial statements according to dealership guidelines and within the manufacturer’s format and time frame.
- You will ensure that all receivables and factory accounts including warranty claims, rebates, interest protection and co-op advertising are current and accurate.
- You will interpret the financial statements and the daily operating control (DOC) regularly and inform the Dealer of developing trends.
- The Controller will provide the department managers with detailed financial and management reports and regularly work with them to achieve desired goals.
- You will also maintain an effective cash management system that forecasts cash funds and make recommendations for the profitable use of excess cash.
- The Controller will be responsible for hiring, training, and supervising the performance of all administrative staff. This includes conducting annual reviews and performance appraisals.
- You will also keep an updated file of all dealership job descriptions and maintain confidential employment files.
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Management experience
- Reynolds Dealer Management System experience an asset