Connecting People with Executive Opportunities
Chief Financial Officer
Grand Touring Automobiles
Grand Touring Automobiles Group of Companies has dealerships in Toronto, Vaughan, Kitchener-Waterloo and Listowel. Grand Touring Automobiles is looking to hire a full time Controller for their downtown location at 777 Dundas Street East. The downtown location houses Aston Martin, Lamborghini, Jaguar, Land Rover, Bentley, and Rolls Royce.
Processes and generates financial data for all assigned auto companies, which together represent the accurate financial condition of the business. Provides accurate reporting to the CFO and is responsible for accounting office and administrative functions.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures
- Prepares complete financial statements monthly according to company guidelines, format and time frame.
- Controls all posted documents, including time records, vehicle deals, commissions, and additions and changes to inventory.
- Maintains an effective cash management system. Forecasts cash needs.
- Reconciles all accounts and schedules monthly.
- Approves all general ledger adjustments.
- Prints monthly journals, schedules, and general ledger. Closes month by processing accounting month-end.
- Participates in the preparation of short- and long-term forecasts.
- Assists in completion of annual audit.
- Ensures compliance with all government regulations.
- Prepares tax reports, tax deposits and tax returns in a timely, accurate manner.
- Prepares employee health/life benefit payments.
- Manages the financing program for all sales and inventory
- Compiles information and prepares reports as requested by management
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong experience using Reynolds & Reynolds accounting software
- Attends managers meetings as requested.
- Ensures proper and timely submission of all warranty contracts.
- Manages 6 accounting subordinates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Professional accounting designation preferred (CMA, CGA or CA).
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in automotive dealership accounting and office management.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficient planning and analysis skills.
- Entrepreneurial orientation.